P. DREISBACH’S INN TRADE SIGN
Lehigh River Valley
Painted pine, with hand wrought iron frame
H: 42”; W; 49.5”; D: 1.5”
This sign was for the inn of Peter Dreisbach (1757-1810) that was located in the ‘Drylands’ area of the Lehigh River Valley. The inn was housed in an 18” x 21’ two story stone house between Bethlehem, Easton and Nazareth, Pennsylvania near the intersection of Newburg Road and Route 191. Peter sold his house and 110 acres sold to his son, Simon in 1809, a year before his death.
Literature: Dreisbach Family Association Newsletter, February 2015. http://www.dreisbachfamily.org/images/Inn_Keepers_Feb_2015.pdf